SUSTAINABLE REGULATION AND TOURIST VISIT FOR THE CONSERVATION OF THE LLAQTA OR INCA CITY OF MACHU PICCHU
Acquire your tickets in centers authorized by the Ministry of Culture of Peru
Comply with the provisions established in this regulation during your stay in the historic sanctuary of Machu Picchu.
In order to purchase the ticket, visitors will have to provide their personal data such as: passport number, identity document (ID), immigration card or diplomatic card. The ticket is only valid for the date it was purchased.
The ticket can be for one of these three visit options:
- Ticket type 1, valid to visit the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu.
- Ticket type 2, valid to visit the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu + alternate route the Huayna Picchu mountain.
- Ticket type 3, valid for the visit of the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu + 2nd alternate route the Machu Picchu mountain.
Check the Ticket Types section for more details.
The visitor’s stay in the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu should not exceed 4 hours from the time of entry, between 6 and 16 hours. The closing time of the Sanctuary is at 5:30 p.m. The entry times are set and detailed in the description of the types of tickets.
ENTRANCE TO THE CIUDADEL
In order to enter the citadel, visitors must carry their ticket along with their original identity document, ti can be Passport, ID or immigration card, it must be accompanied by an authorized tourist guide to safeguard its integrity and contribute to the orderly visit of the sanctuary.
PROHIBITIONS DURING YOUR VISIT
- Carry backpacks or bags larger than 40x35x20 cm (16x14x8 inches)
- Enter with food.
- Enter carrying an illegal substance or under its influence.
- Enter with any type of alcoholic beverage or under its influence.
- Carry canes, umbrellas, portable seats, tripods, supports or extensions for cameras, cell phones or any other stabilization or extension element for filming and / or photography.
- Enter with animals, with the exception of guide dogs.
- Feed domestic and wild animals.
- Enter with any type of sprays.
- Make any type of graffiti or paint on the walls.
- Enter with any type of musical instrument, megaphone or speakers.
- Make loud or annoying noises such as clapping, shouting, whistling or singing, among others.
- Use virtual applications with cell phones or mobile devices in narrow arteries.
- Enter with heels or hard-soled shoes.
- Access with baby carriages.
- Entering with sharp objects and / or weapons of any kind.
- Enter with banners, posters, posters, clothing for advertising purposes, costumes, among other objects of this type.
- Take filming or photographs for advertising purposes.
- Causing a riot, jumping, lying down, running, undressing or creating disorder.
- Climb or lean on walls and / or structures.
- Touch, move or extract lithic elements.
- Disturb, collect or extract flora or fauna.
- Carry out activities that distort the sacred character of the Llaqta de Machu Picchu; such as fashion shows, dances, social commitments, obscene acts contrary to morals and good customs or any type of activity that implies the impairment or deterioration of the monument, its natural environment and / or facilities.
- Smoking, vaping or making any type of fire.
- Throwing waste of any kind.
- Not respecting the established circuits and routes.
- The ambulatory trade in the monument and surrounding spaces up to the Ruins Bridge.
- Perform overflights with paragliders, drones or any type of smaller ship.
BREACH OF THE RULES OF VISIT
Failure to comply with the provisions of this regulation will determine the expulsion of the visitor from the Sanctuary without the right to return the amount of the entrance ticket. Likewise, the Direction of Culture will determine the seriousness of the event and will apply the corresponding legal actions.